Senior Managing Director, FTI Consulting (Singapore)
Chariya Poopisit is a Managing Director in the Corporate Finance & Restructuring practice of FTI Consulting based in Singapore. Chariya has over 15 years experience in debt restructuring advisory and corporate recovery.
Chariya is working closely with the banks , investment funds and investors to maximise their return/recovery on their investment. She assisted the clients to ascertain risk and return, evaluate the value proposition in each situation. Her strong financial analysis skills and extensive commercial experience allow her to deliver practical advices.
Chariya has worked on numerous debt restructuring matters throughout her career in a variety of industries, including automotive, hospitality, pharmaceutical, oil and gas, manufacturing and trading.
Key engagements are:
- Debt restructuring of the oil and gas company that has 100% controlled over two Production Sharing Contracts with the Indonesian Government. In this assignment, Chariya drafted the commercial term sheet of the restructuring that formed the core part of the restructuring agreement;
- Debt restructuring of the coal mining project based in Mongolia. In this project, Chariya assisted the FTI appointed receivers in drafting and negotiating the commercial term sheet with the bondholder steering committee, the Company and their respective advisors;
- Led the independent business review of the American auto manufacturer based in South Korea for a leading commercial bank, in respect of the company large exposure in foreign exchange contracts (in excess of US$1 billion).
- In addition to debt restructuring, Chariya led several business valuation and due diligence engagements across the region, from Hong Kong, Singapore, Mongolia, Indonesia, South Korea and Thailand. Examples of her work include
- Business valuation of a pharmaceutical, property development and food processing business in South East Asia (with combined enterprise value over US$1.5billion) for the trustee to resolve family disputes;
- Business valuation of a family owned paper manufacturing business in Hong Kong to assist the family in the restructuring of debts with various bank lenders;
- Valuation of the equity interest in a lottery company based in Macau and provided advices to the executor of the estate in a sale negotiation.
- Valuation of the equity interest in a coal mine in Indonesia, the report was used in the arbitration process to resolve disputes between the founding members.
- Chariya joined FTI Consulting team in Hong Kong in 2005 and relocated to the Singapore office in 2016. Prior to FTI Consulting, Chariya was a vice president at Far East Securities and an assistant vice president at Bangkok Bank PLC.
- Chariya holds a MSIA from Tepper School of Business, Carnegie Mellon University (USA) and a Bachelor of Business Administration from Chulalongkorn University in Bangkok (Thailand).