Senior Managing Director, FTI Consulting (Singapore)
Nick Gronow is a Senior Managing Director in the Corporate Finance & Restructuring segment of FTI Consulting and he is based in Singapore. He has more than 20 years of experience in financial and operational restructuring, corporate recovery and transaction advisory.
Nick has extensive experience advising bank groups, private equity funds, bondholders and corporations throughout the Asia Pacific region. He has led assignments across a broad spectrum of situations, ranging from regional and global financial restructurings to designing and implementing performance improvement programs for companies in developing countries, and from performing comprehensive due diligence advisory roles with respect to business acquisitions to conducting corporate recovery assignments to maximise value for stakeholders.
Nick provides pragmatic and realistic advice to guide clients dealing with difficult and complex business issues, and he focuses on achieving results and outcomes rather than dealing in theories. With experience across the Asia Pacific region and in a number of high profile global matters, he has considerable industry, Asia regional, and international experience across his 20 year career. He has lived in Asia for over ten years.
Examples of major assignments undertaken include:
- Advising various lenders and investors on restructuring options, analysing of business performance and strategies to enhance the value and recoveries from investments and loans.
- Acting as interim manager, director, receiver over shares and legal representative for various lenders in relation to exposures against Chinese companies.
- Advising the main lender of an Indonesia coal miner in relation to the company’s business plan and debt serviceability and advising on restructuring considerations.
- Advising a key lender of a South East Asian ship builder with respect to the company’s business plan and forecasts and advising on restructuring options.
- Managing the pan-Asia wind down and completion of sale processes in relation to the Trident Microsystems Group of companies.
- Advising a Chinese state-owned enterprise in relation to restructuring options for a dual listed company with pan-Asia operations.
- Providing strategic advice and cashflow forecasting for an Asian-headquartered European retailer.
- Advising the lending syndicate of a South East Asian resources company, leading to the successful restructuring of that company and expected full repayment to lenders.
- Acting as Liquidator of various subsidiaries and connected parties of the Pacific Andes Group of companies.